Here’s my day in a nutshell...
- Woke up at 4am.
- Got super-duper lost on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Almost got divorced before sunrise.
- Ate a disgusting Clif Bar (aren’t they all disgusting?), ran out water, and did a shot of Jack.
- Hiked 16 miles in 8 hours. (that blog post will be coming soon)
- Drove back to Richmond and spent the next hour complaining about my feet and the hill that nearly broke me.
|Di smoking me on the Hill of Doom|
- Got home and popped four blisters… and then popped another three on Di’s feet.
- Crawled upstairs… and then crawled downstairs…repeatedly.
Finally crashed in bed with my laptop and noticed a new donation to our hike—from a total stranger. Along with the donation, she wrote the following:
“My son has cf and I have been following your wonderful blog. Thanks for your fundraising efforts and good luck on the hike.”
This message really put my day and this hike into perspective.
I have no idea what this mother and son must be going through every day, but my blisters pale in comparison. My wrecked legs are a badge of honor. If our hiking raises money that will give CF patients HOPE then it’s all been worth it.
Debra, thank you so much for your support – it means so much to Di and I. And glad you're enjoying the blog! I need to find more time to write!
If you'd like to support our hike with a donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, please click below!